General Limited Warranty Information
Blumer & Stanton Manufactured: Doors, Transoms, and Sidelites
“We”, “our”, and “us” refer to Blumer & Stanton, Inc. (A Florida corporation), 5112 Georgia Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida 33405.
“You” refers to any purchaser of our doors, transoms, and/or sidelights, in the ordinary course of business, within one year from the date the doors, transoms, and/or sidelights are shipped from our shop.
We grant you the following limited warranty: our doors, transoms, and/or sidelights will be of good workmanship and will be free of defects which would make them unserviceable or unfit for ordinary and recommended use.
This limited warranty is valid for one year from the date each unit is shipped from our shop, and it is subject to the following terms and conditions. You must inspect each unit when you receive it and before it is installed. If you find a defect in any unit, you must notify us in writing within 30 days of the date you received the unit, describing the defect to us. If a defect could not be discovered until after the unit is installed, you must notify us in writing within one year of the date the u]nit was shipped from our shop, describing the defect to us.
If any unit is found by us to contain defects as stated herein during the warranty period, we at our option will do one of the following:
1. Repair the defect.
2. Furnish you a replacement unit, provided that the original unit then be returned to our shop.
Under no circumstances will we pay for any cost of installing, finishing, or removing any unit, nor are we responsible for any consequential damages.
LIMITATIONS & EXCLUSIONS
1. Unsatisfactory service or appearance caused by failure to follow the “CARE, HANDLING, JOB FINISHING, AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS” set forth herein are excluded from this warranty.
2. The appearance of the finished doors, transoms, and/or sidelights is excluded from this warranty.
3. Natural variations in the color or texture of wood are not to be considered defects.
4. All of the following doors, transoms, and/or sidelights are excluded from this warranty:
(a) 1 3/8″ thick doors and/or sidelights which are wider than 3’0″ or higher than 7’0″.
(b) 1 3/4″ thick doors and/or sidelights which are wider than 3’6″ or higher than 8’0″.
(c) Stile and rail construction doors, transoms, and/or sidelights whose stiles do not exceed 5 inches in width.
(d) Doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely.
(e) Hardwood doors, transoms, and/or sidelights, except mahogany, white oak, fir, or cypress, used in exterior applications.
(f) Doors, transoms, and/or sidelights shipped outside the contiguous 48 United States and District of Columbia.
5. Any implied warranty shall be limited in duration to the period of this warranty and to the remedies specified herein.
6. We shall not be liable for any units repaired, returned or replaced without our prior written consent.